The one on this site sucked so I think I found all that was wrong with it,
Hopefully this one is better. Strum pattern takes a bit to get used to,
but after you get it its pretty simple
1) Well life's on a farm is kinda laid back,
2) When the work's all done and the sun's settin' low
3) I wouldn't trade my life for diamonds or jewels,
4) Well, my fiddle was my daddy's till the day he died,
1) ain't much an old country boy like me can hack.
2) I pull out my fiddle and I rosin' up the bow.
3) I never was one of them money hungry fools.
4) and he took me by the hand and held me close to his side.
1) It's early to rise, early in the sack:
2) But the kids are asleep so I keep it kinda low:
3) I'd rather have my fiddle and my farmin' tools:
4) He said: "Live a good life and play my fiddle with pride,
1) Thank God I'm a country boy.
2) Thank God I'm a country boy.
3) Thank God I'm a country boy.
4) and thank God you're a country boy.
1) A simple kind of life never did me no harm,
2) I'd play "Sally Goodin'" all day if I could,
3) Yeah, city folk drivin in a black limou sine,
4) My daddy taught me young how to hunt and how to whittle,
1) raisin' me a family and workin' on a farm.
2) but the lord and my wife wouldn't take it very good.
3) a lotta sad people thinkin' that's mighty keen.
4) he taught me how to work and play a tune on the fiddle.
1) My days are all filled with an easy country charm:
2) So I fiddle when I can and I work when I should:
3) Well, folks let me tell you now exactly what I mean:
4) He taught me how to love and how to give just a little:
3) I thank God I'm a country boy.
4) Thank God you're a country boy.
Well I got me a fine wife, I got me old fiddle.
When the sun's comin' up I got cakes on the griddle;
and life ain't nothin' but a funny, funny riddle:
Thank God I'm a country boy.
Jellynote, 400.000 sheet music, tabs and chords for you to play